Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some times its hard to be a healer

Ahhhhh, Tammy Wynette, the Queen of Country:
But the greatest version, from Bob's Country Bunker

Sometimes its hard to be a healer
Giving all your mana to just one tank
You'll have some aggro
He'll get it back tho'
Doing things that you dont understand

But if you want loot, be sure to heal him
Even though a tank and spank

And if you want loot
Be sure to heal him

'Cause after all he's just a tank

Stand by your tank
Give him your HoTs and shields

And save all your cooldowns

For when the boss enrages


Stand by your tank
And tell the raid you'll heal him
Keep giving all your HoTs and shields

Stand by you tank


So I spent more time on my tank last night than I have in the past few weeks.  It's a tough balance for me at this point.  I want to pull mobs as quickly as the pallies and the DKs do, but my AoE is still not nearly good enough to get away with as aggressive pulling as those guys.  Especially in PUGs where the AOE starts even before I finish my charge.

My healer last night is a gulidie who is gearing up his resto shaman.  We also brought 2 guildies for dps, so it really did go pretty smoothly.  But, I am realizing that I need like 200 more Triumph badges.  That's just for my tanking set.  My dps set is really sad.  So that plan is to do my daily on druid and priest, but to farm more on the tank.  The good news?  He's a tank, so I pretty much get in a group as fast as I can hit the button.

No comments: