Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Icecrown boss rollouts

It was bound to happen at some time, please, forgive me

Ice, Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice:



Ice Ice Icecrown, Arthas in Ice Ice Icecrown
All right stop, Get a raid and listen
Ice's here with some lore from a Lich King
Mar'gar, puts me on a bone spike
I get a cold flame, and its good night
Will it ever stop? No, that's bone storm
Stop your dps, reset aggro
Back to the boss the tanks are picking up threat now
Get out the fire, yo dps - hit your cooldowns


Death, her Fanatics 'round the room
I'm killing her shield making her go OOM
Deadly, when they get a buff from her
Mages and druids gettin rid of Curse of Turpor

Green all around, better get away
Whisper's Aoe, it'll end your raid
If there was a problem, Yo, its phase one

Just get to phase two, and you'll be done


Ice Ice Icecrown, Arthas in Ice Ice Icecrown
Ice Ice Icecrown, Arthas in Ice Ice Icecrown, Arthas


Now that the bosses are dyin
With a raid locked in and the loot is flyin

Quick to the portal, to rampart you'll take her
Clear up the trash to Orgrim's Hammer
Burnin' 'em, heat up your cannon
The mage cools 'em, then you're tankin


Adds on your boat, boss on the other one

Burn the mage down, come back and get some


Jet Pack, damn thats fun
With rocket on, I'm in Bear son
The guners goin down, Range is just burnin
Did you stop? No -- I hit Bloodlust
Face melt, dps that just cant stop
Cannon's going nuts until the mages hit ice block
The mage is dead? Yo
So I continued to DPS and then get my loot.



Saurfang Jr died at wrathgate
Deathbringer, the one that daddy hates
Magic, Nah, it's all physical

Range stay away,  or else you're mental


Cause those Blood Beast, they need roots 
Keep 'em of the tanks, if you want loot

Shields, all around like a wall
Grab a bubble -  no Marks will fall

He's not that bad, until twenty five

Boss is there than you wanna hide

He enrages something wicked

Get him dead fast, or you'll kick it


That was the first wing, it aint on big thing
The loot is phat, the best we ever seen
It shouldn't be a problem, got a month to clear it
Then another wings here, if you can beat it


Arthas in Ice Ice Icecrown, Arthas in Ice Ice Icecrown
Arthas in Ice Ice Icecrown, Arthas in Ice Ice Icecrown


That is a much longer song than I recall.

Anyway, we tried ICC 25 last night.  Something needs to be remembered in our raid group.  Wiping is not a bad thing.  One a new boss the group should expect to wipe for a while before we move on.  I think a lot of people were expecting to get 3 bosses dead last night (because that's what we do in 10 mans).  I knew that was not realistic, but to see so little interest in the raid was pretty disappointing.  However, we're just now getting back into the 25-man groove, so it will take a while for folks to get their schedules back in order.  Next week I know I'll see a lot more commitment.  Maybe I'll give a big Braveheart-style speech to start.  Would that work?

In other news, has anybody else noticed the editorial changes at WoW.com?  I guess I never fully appreciated how awesome Mike Schramm is.  I have definitely noticed the shift.  I've noticed the change in the WoW Insider Podcast too.  It's not worse, per se.  The difference is more in attitude and focus, but, to me, it seems more like SRS BZNS and less fun.'

Also in the news is UI lag.  In ICC-25 I noticed some hefty lag.  After disabling mods that store combat log data it pretty much went away.  I will be reintegrating these mods in raids, one at a time, to see if it's a mod issue.

OK, I hope everybody is enjoying the song parodies.  They do sound better than they read, but recording them is not in the immediate future for me at the moment.

No comments: