Friday, January 8, 2010

One of these zones is doing its own thing

So - all of the zones in Northrend are pretty distinct.  When you are in any given zone, the graphics and mobs let you know where you are.  It's awesome.  Most of the zones in Northrend are either tundra or alpine forest, or, y'know. . . semi-tropical jungle.  Errr.  Huh?  Well, now that we are in RL mid-winter, a little tropical paradise sounds like a really nice thing.  When I think tropical paradise I think . . . Jimmy Buffet.

Sholazar Basin
Those aren't the murlocs
They're really called gorlocs
They give you an egg that may spawn a mount
Warm by the Titans
Wolvar's you're fightin
Oracle rep is so easy to count



Grindin away again in Sholazar Basin
Almost through the level grind
Some people say that lore is way too lame

But I love. . . all the story I find



Just one verse for today. I have loads of RL stuff to do, and the weather is adding about an hour to my day, so that hour either means that I slack off on this blog a little, or I don't do my daily heroics.

Still, writing about Sholazar makes me think about all the non-instance stuff that is in the game.  90% of my gameplay is in dungeons and raids.  I know there are a lot of people for whom that is true.  When that gets old, I will pick up a lower level alt and move that toon up for a few days.  However, even when I am doing that I tend to think 'wow, when this guy is 80, this is going to be a fun class to tank with . . . '.  I tend to ignore my cooking and JC dailies, my alchemy transmutes, farming for gold on my DK, all that stuff.  It's more these days since lfg is so good.  I am LIVING in the new dungeons.  I wonder what would have to be in the game to get me to want to spend more time outside of instances?

No comments: