Monday, January 11, 2010

Learning Curve

So we have had 2 days (one full day, and one day with only a token pull) fighting Saurfang.  We have issues with our raid composition, specifically, our two best healers are Druid and Shaman (and the fight works better with Disc and Pallie).  Anyway, we spent 2 hours pulling him yesterday.  And although it is frustrating to run into a slight wall (more of a speed bump, really), I felt pretty good about our progression.  Everybody is learning their role in the fight, and I feel pretty confident that without any changes we will down him soon.

That is the great thing about my 10-man.  I really feel that everybody is ok with a night of wipes while learning a new boss.  In 25s, I never feel that way.  If we aren't passing out loot, we are failing in 25s, it seems.  In the 10-man, everybody was learning from the wipes and we were progressing even without downing him.  I don't think we will have the same positive attitude if we had 4 weeks of wipes, but a few nights of learning is totally acceptable.  We had very few bad pulls.  I would love to see us reset quicker after a wipe.  I would love to see errors NEVER repeated.  Still . . . it feels good.  I know we are at the very right level of content.  This is where our team SHOULD hit the speed bump.  A few more weeks of farming Frost, a few more weeks of passing out loot from the first 3 bosses . . . then Saurfang, and Fester, Rot, etc are all within reach.

By the way, I'm writing from work, so no song parody today.  Sorry kids.

No comments: