Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Life in the pug

Who doesn't love Destiny's Child?

Now that you're out of my group
I'm so much better
You thought that I'd get no loot without you
But I'm all epic
You thought that I'd be lost without you
I got the strats
You thought I wouldn't progress without you
I'm clearin bosses

You thought that I'd die without you
But I'm healin
Thought that I'd have not threat without you
But I'm tankin
You thought that I'd have no dps without you
I'm meltin faces
You thought I wouldn't get a group

But I'm farmin

I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)


Yeah, I love pugging.  I have 2 healers and a tank that are doing random groups every day.  My priest was the first to get 'the Patient', my druid has it now too, and my warrior is just about there.  The priest has his Perky Pug (which is super-cute, I have to admit), and I can't wait until I have a whole kennel of them.  Often, the tank or healer in the group will say, "You guys suck.  I'm going to drop.  Good look getting a group without ME!"  I think this is a fairly common experience.  The only more common is the dps-er who says, "this rogue in the group sucks, boot him or I will drop".  I have never thought that so many people would try to take a group hostage, but I see it a few times a week.  I don't mind when people are frustrated by wipes, or disapprove when somebody has an attitude or is afk.  I even don't mind when people say, "your dps is really bad, do you know what you're doing?"  Still, when people think, "I'm so good, that nobody can do this content without me"  I giggle and get pissed at the same time.

As a healer, I take pride in being able to 'heal through stupid'.  As a tank, I love tanking a boss getting as few heals as possible (sometimes none).  But, I really never think, 'I hate you people and I'm going to waste your time because of my ego.'  I'm not LEET enough, I suppose.  Thank God.  : )

Honestly though, the MOST surprising thing about the new LFG system is how nice almost everybody is, and how they average player is really pretty decent.  Lots of folks need more gear to get better dps, but those are clearly alts, or new 80s.  I love that 90% of the time I can get into a totally random group and have the run go smoothly, and have no attitude.  It's because the average groups are so good that the aberration of a douchebag is so noticeable.

No comments: