Sunday, December 27, 2009

We're going mobile

So - this Christmas I'm on vacation with family in Florida.  My parents have a condo down here - so me and the kids fly down from Chicago to enjoy the weather a bit while they are on break from school.

I have my laptop - which is my typical gaming rig.  My internet is basically pirated from my parent's neighbor's wireless (with the neighbor's permission, actually).  The connection is not great.

Dalaran is tough, raiding is basically impossible, management is awkward.  Anyway, for the week or so I'm down here, I let the guild coast through on its own.  Sometimes this has lead o a bit of an exodus, and sometimes everybody else in on holiday too, so there are no real consequences at all.  I view this time as a bit of a litmus test for the guild.  If everything goes well without me - we are pretty healthy.  If there are problems - well, this time brings them up and they get settled, one way or another.

My fellow officers in the guild have been around quite a long time, and everybody gets along pretty well.  Sometimes people get a little slack in their officer-duties, but usually there is enough action to keep everybody plugging away.  Guild-wise the only concerns would be inappropriate behavior, but in our guild, that is basically never an issue.

I hope when I return to a more stable connection that all is well.  I'm sure it is, but it still feels like a left the house full of trust-worthy teenagers.  When Guild Leaders have their role for a long time, and reflect upon all the effort that goes into management, there is always a loving concern for the welfare of their guild.
. . . or am I way too committed?   : )

No comments: