Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm not bad, I'm just geared that way

It was inevitable.  I finally ran into a random group with a bad healer.  Resto druid with gear score under 4k, and a few pieces of cloth with +hit on them.  He specced properly.  In the same group we had one good mage, and a very green DK and a somewhat afk rogue.

We rolled into DTK and kicked ass.  We aoe-d all the trash pretty easily.  The rogue kept accidentally pulling the wrong groups of mobs, but somehow my shockwave would be off cooldown and I'd charge in and stun the group and they'd all be mine.  I came in 3rd in dmg (and my warrior is not a dps machine as prot - or as fury for that matter).

Anyway, I am much more confident tanking in random heroics now.  With such a mediocre group to fly through the instance so easily was very reassuring.  I still think warrior tanking is the 4th option tank-wise for most encounters, but seeing as how my DK has no gear, my druid hasn't been feral since level 69 and my paladin is level 34, I really don't have much of a choice.

No comments: