Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh the places we'll go!

We have options for raiding all of a sudden.

Our guild might not be ready for ICC 25.  If I picked our 30 best people I'd set up a great team, and I think we'd roll through ICC like everybody else is at the moment.  However, we're casual.  Our fellow guildies have lives, jobs, families and other stuff to do.  Our 30 best cannot create a team.  We can't all be on at the same time.  So, we have 15 great players, and 10 people of a generally mixed group of experience.  We have had issues in the past dodging balls on the Twins in ToC.  We have not cleared Uld 25 (on easy mode).

Our realistic choices for 25 man raid night are:
ToC (easymode)
Ony
VoA
Weekly Raid Quest
attempt ICC

In a 3 hour raid night, that is actually a lot to chose from.  I think the officers are of mixed opinion.  Some have less confidence in the guild than I do.  Some want to try new content.  Some want to get older content completed.  Some want to do whatever would give the guild the most gear in the fastest time.  If I put it to a vote, I think we would split the vote pretty evenly.  So, ultimately the decision is up to me.  Well . . . crap.  I guess this is why I get paid the big bucks.  Well, not actually get paid, but more like pay small bucks to keep the website up and send extra time herding cats.

Anyway, since I never knew what I'm going to get raid-team-wise, I can't really make the decision until I see who is coming to raid.  If we get 20 pros - I want to do Weekly raid / ICC.  If we get 10 pros, Ony / Weekly Raid / ToC.  But we'll get 17 and I'll be totally stuck. Hehehe.  So the question is, dear reader, easy and win, or hard and lose?

No comments: