Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Early Raider Gets the Bugs

There is a strong urge to raid on patch days.  Everybody wants to get into new content ASAP.  I know I do.  I can't wait to see the new content.  I absolutely want to try out the new random lfg system.  I have a tank and two healers, so I think I'm gonna be 100% set.

But, I insist that the guild avoids organized raids on patch day.  That has been a 2 year old rule.  Patch day is universally a clusterf---.  The servers will not get online for hours after the appointed time.  Folks will lag out all over the place.  Everybody's mods will either be broken, or not updated.  And, there are also bugs in the game that cause crashes.  Essentially, all of the bad stuff happens on patch day.  I consider it a holiday.  There will be no work today.  Period.

If the servers do get up on time, I'm TOTALLY going to pug into the new stuff tho'!

No comments: