Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why am I happy running Heroic Old Kingdom?

So, I was able to run 5 or 6 random groups yesterday.  I also did 3 groups with me healing on my priest and my guildie, Akaichisuru, tanking on his paladin.  Akaichisuru (who for reasons known only to himself is called 'Waffle'), is a LEET tank so finding 3 dps to run through a few heroics was easy.

Overall, I really like the new grouping system.  There is a strong motivation to run random groups.  Since I am always either healing or tanking, I never have to wait for a group it seems.

I have been grouped with folks pretty close to me as far as gear score goes, so I have a feeling that most people know the encounters, and do not need a lot of reminding of what to do.  Heroics are very easy, so generally we're clearing these dungeons super-fast.  15-30 minutes per run.  We never explain strats, we just blast right through with me occasionally asking to wait for mana (since I typically am adding a little dps to the mix - which kills time, but doesn't help very much with killing monsters).  There have been no loot issues, no flamez, no hate.  Basically, everybody just wants to get stuff done as fast as they can.  Since everybody is pretty OP, it's not an issue.


I think the new system is going to work out great.  I think the old days of waiting for a group in /lfg were pretty miserable for dps, and now it's vastly improved.  /cheers to Blizzard!

No comments: